Tuesday, May 12, 2009

No Trader Joe's Tuesday today...but my husband rocks!

I've had a migraine since Thursday and some type of muscle spasm in my neck since Sunday. You know, the kind where you can't move your head and have to turn your entire body when you want to look to the side. Yeah that along with the headache. Tylenol doesn't help and neither does vicodin. Not good.

But I just have to post how awesomely great my husband is. He has been working double shifts since Friday and has had about 3.5 hours of sleep a day. I know he just wanted to come home and sleep after work, but instead he took the kids to the park for a bit and then to El Pollo Loco for dinner so I could rest. Then he did all the dishes (which was quite a lot since our dishwasher broke on Friday and they have to order a part for it) as well as cleaned the kitchen tonight.

And just as he was about to rest on the couch to watch basketball after his 90 minute cleaning spree, he got called to go into work at midnight. Poor guy. So he is off to take a quick 90 minute nap before heading off to work again. I don't know how he can function on less than 4 hours of sleep a day, but I am so blessed to have husband who works so hard so I can stay home with the kids.

Thanks for all that you do for our family!

5 comments:

dana said...

Oh, what a sweet post. I'm glad you have a great husband who'd taking care of you too.
Headaches, be gone!

Angela said...

As your tag says, "Yay for Samuel." What a sacrificial husband you have!

I hope you feel better soon.

Cherylann and Mike said...

I hope you feel better soon! What a great husband you have! That is awesome! Have a better day and I hope you both get sleep!

Jean said...

That is awesome!! Bless his heart! Yay Sam!!

LauraT said...

Way to go Sam! Good for you, too, Doris for publicly ackowledging how awesome your husband is. I hope your headache goes away.