The last two years we've done swim lessons for Sammy during Spring Break (read about it here and here), and I was planning on having both Sammy and Hannah do it this year. Then I remembered when we had the lessons early in the day (so we still had time to play afterwards), it was too cold and Sammy didn't want to get in (or out) of the pool.
And when we did it later in the morning, it was in kind of late by the time we finished and we couldn't go anywhere until the afternoons. I wanted to have the freedom to play this week without time restrictions. Plus, I now have to work around Helene's nap schedule. So I made a decision (for once in my life) and decided to forgo swim lessons this time.
And when we did it later in the morning, it was in kind of late by the time we finished and we couldn't go anywhere until the afternoons. I wanted to have the freedom to play this week without time restrictions. Plus, I now have to work around Helene's nap schedule. So I made a decision (for once in my life) and decided to forgo swim lessons this time.
And I am really glad I didn't sign them up. Monday was FREEZING and overcast. I'm sure neither one of them would have gotten in the pool.
I planned on taking the kids to Chuck E Cheese's to use up the tokens left over from Sammy's birthday party, and avoid doing anything outdoors. I hoped to take them mid-morning and get Helene home by 12:30 for a nap. However, I was distracted doing stuff around the house, and I'll be honest, the computer, so I ended up putting Helene down for a nap before we left. It actually worked out well, because she was up around 2 and we spent the afternoon playing.
I planned on taking the kids to Chuck E Cheese's to use up the tokens left over from Sammy's birthday party, and avoid doing anything outdoors. I hoped to take them mid-morning and get Helene home by 12:30 for a nap. However, I was distracted doing stuff around the house, and I'll be honest, the computer, so I ended up putting Helene down for a nap before we left. It actually worked out well, because she was up around 2 and we spent the afternoon playing.
I dreaded the thought of having to chase Helene around while the kids played. All I wanted to do was sit and enjoy my free refills of diet coke (and play with the Droid), so I brought plenty of dum-dums to entertain Helene.






2 comments:
Oh yay!! I'm glad you guys had a fun time at CEC (and that you got to sit and relax... ah, heaven). :-) Um, I didn't know there was a height requirement on that helicopter ride. I always put Weston on it. Haha!
dum dums! I'd say they're more like "smarties"! Brilliant! Sweet, easy going Helene...lucky you! Laura
Post a Comment