So Tuesday we headed out to Debs Park. Danielle coordinated an outing there so we could all enjoy the beautiful weather and get the kids out of the house for Spring Break. I've heard Valerie rave about how great this place is since before I even had children...and yet somehow I'd never made it over there to check it out.
And it was everything that was hyped.
You would never guess this existed right off the 110 Freeway at the Avenue 52 exit. (Does anyone else besides me LOVE to drive that freeway? I can't decide if I like all the curves best or the 0-60 freeway entrances).
So, I wasn't really sure what to expect. And I made the mistake of telling the kids that we were going to a park we had never been to before. Wrong use of the word park because as soon as we walked in they both asked me "where are the slides and the swings?" Ummmm....yeah...it's not that type of park.
They quickly got over their disappointment when they saw all the fountains and ponds...
(I need to one of those so I can put
her to work around the house...)
her to work around the house...)
The area we were in wasn't great for a toddler so I kept Helene in the stroller as long as she would stay in without complaining.
Danielle suggested taking the kids on the butterfly loop hike, and after attempting to maneuver our stroller on that terrain for just a few feet, I decided to take advantage of the park's free jogging stroller rental. So we upgraded to this:
It took me a while to get the hang of steering a stroller where the front wheel doesn't move at all. It had some crazy terrain with lots of overgrown shrubs, some steep hills, and drastic drop offs, but absolutely beautiful scenery and a feeling of being somewhere other than Highland Park.
Just us girlsSee, I'm not the only one.




















4 comments:
Wow! I didn't know that place existed. It looks like the kind of place I've been looking for. I will bring my baby back pack carrier, though. Thanks for the tip. It looks like a great place. And about the 110 - yikes! I always feel like I'm going to swerve into another lane and hit someone. Of course, having a Suburban doesn't help with my 110 anxiety. Now if I had a little sports car that handled really well....All right - I'll stop dreaming. Laura
i can't wait to get there. thanks for all the great pictures! now i actually believe it exists.
so gorgeous, i seriously want to go!!
cute pics of you and kids and of sammy in that tree. (like the blog layout update btw).
We went to that park when Owen was a newborn and I LOVED it. Lucy thought it was great to play in the dirt too. It's so pretty there. I feel like I've left LA.
Post a Comment