Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mommy and Me classes

The local college here offers free "Parent Education" classes for parents with infants and toddlers--which is basically free Mommy-and-Me classes.

These classes are so great because it's great way to have your kids interact with others their age and learn to play together--plus the facility provides EVERYTHING: toys, crafts, painting, singing time, story time and more. There are tons of outdoor toys like trikes and cars, educational indoor toys, they always have a craft set up for the kids to do, and they have easels set up so the kids can paint if they want.

I love it because its all the things I would love to do at home without worrying about the mess and the clean up. Each of the moms take turns bringing in snack for the kids and adults--and that is really the only obligation.

I did these with Sammy when he was 2 and we loved the teacher and the class so much! I tried an 12-18 month class with Hannah last year, but the teacher drove me nuts and I didn't like the location as well, so I couldn't wait for Hannah to turn 2 so we could return to Sammy's old class.

Classes started this week, so Thursday was our first day. Since Sammy's preschool doesn't start until Monday, he got to come along. He was so excited to go back to his "old school" as he calls it, and Hannah thought she was such a big girl going to "Hannah's school".

It was so good to see Heather and Donna (the teacher and TA) and they were excited to see Sammy so grown up (and his legs much improved) and to see Hannah all grown up as well since she was 2-10 months when we were in the class with Sammy.

This location has lots of outdoor space and outdoor toys, so the kids really have room to ride the bikes and cars.

Hannah LOVED the car!

Lots of room to ride around with Michael!
This is so cute of the kids and Michael. I love how Hannah is just lounging in the wagon.

Concentrating hard on the pieces.Totally preoccupied!!

It was fun to see Danielle and Yolanda with their boys in the class (sorry no picture). I am hoping to enlist some more moms of 2 year-olds to join us!!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I miss Parent Ed. Tell Heather and Donna hi for me.