Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Trader Joe's Tuesday: Organic Reduced Sugar Preserves


I realize that this is kind of a random favorite TJs thing to blog about, but since I sliced open my hand this afternoon on my favorite (now obviously broken) Crate & Barrel vase--I went with what I had in my cupboard and this was what I had that I hadn't already blogged about.

I know, you're thinking jam/jelly/preserves--really is this one THAT different? It really is. I have been looking for a reduced sugar jam/jelly/preserve that tastes normal and doesn't use any artificial sweetener. I finally found it. (Have you realized how many grams of sugar are in your jam/jelly/preserves? Check it out sometime!)

This does not taste low sugar AT ALL. It spreads perfectly without any huge fruit lumps (I hate that about Smuckers, plus their low sugar is yucky).

It comes in 4 varieties: strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, and apricot. I have tried the strawberry and blackberry and they are both terrific. Plus it's organic--and added bonus. Check it out sometime.

2 comments:

megan said...

personally I prefer strawberry freezer jam...it's the best!! but packed full of sugar! :-)

we buy the strawberry reduced sugar preserves..pretty good

charrette said...

Oh, what would I GIVE for Trader Joe's mail order service?!?

p.s. the random letters below spell out, in true Freudian fashion, a phonetic version of "You're berzerker!" Love that!