Sunday, October 11, 2009

An afternoon with Dad

I should really make Samuel write this post since he is the one who went, but I know that won't happen so here is my version of it.

Samuel is a big fan of 3-D movies--and he had seen the advertisements around town for Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3-D and really wanted to take the kids to go see it.

So last Tuesday, he took the kids to the matinee at the El Capitan in Hollywood. We were both a little apprehensive as it was a double feature and we weren't sure if the kids would sit through both movies. I packed lots of snacks and hoped for the best!

Sammy was super grouchy because he and his dad always go the trains together and Sammy really wanted to ride the train instead of going to the movie. We kept trying to explain to him how much fun this was going to be and how he and Hannah got to go the movies with just Daddy, but he was still mad about the trains. So in most of the pictures he has a super grouchy face.

In front of the El Capitan.
I took this really fast when I dropped them off while stopped in the loading zone. Nice pic, huh? Sammy is grouchy, Sam looks like he is about to say something, and Hannah is completely absorbed in a flyer for the Tinkerbell movie
Waiting for the movie to start
It actually turned out to be quite fun for them after they figured what the 3D glasses did. The kids didn't want to wear the glasses at first and Samuel tried to explain to them exactly why they had to wear them, but how do you explain 3D effects to a 3 and 5 year old?
Woody and Buzz came out to say hello before the movies started

The kids did great sitting for both movies and even the bathroom breaks worked out well. When I picked them up, they couldn't stop talking about it--it was so cute!

I had to smile at Samuel's photo attempts--it was one of those days when no one would cooperate for a picture. I can soooooo relate! Just glad I'm not the only one who that happens to. These totally made me laugh. Thanks for trying Sam!

I think this may be my new favorite picture.
Those faces say it all.
(They had a good time, I promise)


6 comments:

Nicole said...

looks like such a fun outing! when you go out to underwood definitly call, we can meet up.

LauraT said...

How funny!Samuel is a great Dad! My kids get headaches from 3-D movies. I'm glad that didn't happen with your kids. Did you have a nice afternoon with just you and Helene?

Jean said...

How fun!! I'm so glad they all enjoyed it. We considered doing this with Weston, but we realized he's probably too young to sit through one movie in a theater, let alone two!

dana said...

haha. loved this post. sounds like tons of fun! cute that Sam took them out. I'm impressed they lasted through a double feature!! I can't even do that!
I hope you enjoyed your quiet time with Helene. I'm sure you did :).

sachia said...

Enjoy the alone time with the baby while the rest are out for a par-tay!

B Brown said...

A day w/o the kids? Hope you got to do something fun too (like a nap!).