Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat!

Happy Halloween!

Our ward Trunk or Treat was pretty low-key compared to last year's In-N-Out truck visit. Admittedly, we got there a little late (we aren't big chili fans anyway), and was surprised to find no Trunk-or-Treat in the parking lot, but candy being passed out from the classrooms. At least the rooms were decorated, but it was really odd. Not sure why the change (not enough participation, I guess?), but I would soon find that to be a Halloween theme.

My battery died while we were there, so here are just a few pictures.

Hanging out, eating candy
Musical chairs
Helene so proud of standing on a chair
Halloween Night!
All ready to go trick-or-treating!

Yes, Sammy is a pumpkin. Again. For the third year in a row--what can I say. Every time I ask what he wants to be, he says "a pumpkin" and the costume still fits. A win-win, I say!
Hannah is Belle from Beauty and the Beast (thanks to Niki for letting us borrow the Belle shoes to complete the outfit). Thanks to Dana (click and scroll to the bottom post for her entire ensemble) for the hand-me-down Crayola Crayon costume for Helene.

Love it!
Sammy was a little eager to get the candy
So cute!
Hannah was mad that Sammy got to ring the doorbell
This house was a little too scary so Samuel went with each of them
Good thing Helene is so mellow, she sat here for the whole night.
It wasn't the best Halloween night as the kids were overly tired and cranky. Hannah had at least 7 meltdowns and wanted to be carried. Sammy's legs hurt after walking for a while and wanted/needed to be carried, but then Hannah would freak out because she wanted to be carried too. *sigh*

And it seemed like no one was home to give out candy. We went to the same neighborhood we always go to--and after an hour of trick-or-treating and at least 50 houses, we only got candy from about 15 houses. Not sure if everyone went out for the night because it was a Saturday or what, but after dealing with cranky kids, I decided we were done and we headed home.

Here's looking to next year when Helene will be walking!

6 comments:

Jean said...

BAA!! They are so cute. And I adore little Helene - she is so cool for sitting in the stroller during all the trick-or-treating! Yeah, there were lots of houses in our neighborhood that weren't giving out candy either. Bummer. (I think there must've been a lot of parties going on, too, because one dad answered the door totally drunk! He fell over when he was trying to give candy to Weston, hahaha!!)

LauraT said...

So cute! Maybe switch neighborhoods next time?

Shannon Brown said...

Love Hannah's costume. We had a lot of homes that were empty too.

Nicole said...

funny about sammy's pumpkin costume. hey I am all for saving money! so so cute!!! our ward didn't do trunk or treat either. So lame.......I love that tradition

dana said...

Oh my gosh, Helene is so cute in the Crayon costume! I totally forgot that it went to you. Yippeee! Love seeing it again. And even more fun that you found that old Halloween link in my blog. I was actually looking for my pencil dance the other day and couldn't get it on Casey's youtube account. haah. Now I have it! Thanks :).

Looks like your halloween turned out pretty fun. Totally bizarre trunk or treat. But hey, I guess nothing will live up to In N Out. That was awesome.

I love that Sammy always wants to be a pumpkin. Simple pleasures.

B Brown said...

We found the same thing, not too many giving out candy this year. Damn this recession!

p.s. Love the Thanksgiving page layout-cute cute!