Monday, September 29, 2008

Is it autumn yet??

YAY!! We had some rain this morning and it actually stayed cool for most of the morning. It was so nice and autumn-like...I wish it had stuck around. The kids were so excited--especially when we heard a bit of thunder. They were thrilled! No rainbow for us though...

Now it's the afternoon and it's so hot and HUMID--my hair is NOT happy. I feel guilty turning on the a/c, but I'm seriously sweating as I type this. In my effort to keep the autumn feeling, I baked cookies this afternoon. Another reason to turn on the a/c...

The kids have totally taken over the computer by playing Starfall in the afternoon. I don't mind it because it's educational, but seriously, the second I leave the computer one (or both) of them jump in the chair and go to the website and play away. Are we really already fighting for computer time at this age? It's cute to see how computer literate they are at 2 and 4 years old. I think Hannah can do more on the computer than my mom can (no offense mom!), so that is amusing.

Heidi is coming into town, sans kids and husband, at the end of this week for her mom's birthday (her parents are on a mission here in LA). I am excited to see her and spend some time with all the family.

Nothing else too exciting to report. Sammy has Back-to-School night this week and I'm looking forward to the Pushing Daisies premiere on Wednesday. Oh, and I'm ready for it to cool down and have an end to these 90+ degree days. Yuck.

3 comments:

The Hyer Family said...

I think that's hilarious that both your kids can use the computer...Lauren doesn't even know how to use a mouse--neither Andy nor I are into video games, so I guess the kids are out of luck...and yes, I'm ready for cooler temps too..

lyndsey said...

yay i am excited for pushing daisies too! woo hoo.

dana said...

SERRRRRIOUSLY.
This morning I thought, ahhh, some nice cool relief. And by afternoon, I thought I was living in the jungle. SO gross.
Autumn pleeeeeease come!
(p.s. Lucy watched way too much tv today)