Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Trader Joe's Tuesday: Punjab Eggplant & Microwavable Organic Brown Rice

Trader Joe's has an Indian Fare line of about 8 different varieties of food and while I'm not a huge Indian food fan--it was another sample one day at Trader Joe's about 4 years ago...and I've been hooked on the Punjab Eggplant ever since. I really don't even like eggplant (I know that sounds terrible since I'm recommending it), but it doesn't taste like eggplant at all. Really. It's so flavorful and hearty with a great aroma. It is a bit spicy, so if you can't handle a little heat, try another variety.

Perfect for a quick lunch since it comes in a ready made package that you just warm up in a pot of boiling water.

I love it over brown or white rice. My problem with brown rice is that I don't usually have 45 minutes to wait for it to cook (especially at lunch time). I HATE that! Problem solved. Trader Joe's has a microwavable package of brown rice that is ready in 3 minutes. WHOO HOO!

This is a quick tasty meal that is a nice alternative from your traditional American fare.

3 comments:

Jean said...

Oooh yum! I haven't tried the eggplant yet! We tried another variety, and paired it with their frozen biryani rice and frozen garlic naan. It was an Indian feast!!

charrette said...

Sadly, freezer items did not appear in my latest care package, because i LOVE that organic brown rice. Best invention ever!

B Brown said...

I like Indian food, Mike on the other hand is not so adventurous. I made him try this a month or so ago and he loved it!