Saturday, September 6, 2008

I guess it was inevitable...

It's just one of those things. I remember always promising myself that I would never drive one...and making fun of those who did. But now that we have a third child on the way--this was our best and most practical option.

We bought a mini-van yesterday.

It took me three weeks of bargaining, one totally lame dealership that almost ruined the entire experience for me (too long of a story to write, ask me), and one totally awesome dealership that made it all worth while. We got a fabulous deal since no one is buying cars right now, so we decided to take the plunge and get it.

I LOVE the color and the power sliding doors--that was the one thing that I absolutely HAD to have after using my parents van for two weeks. The kids love all the space and being up high. Of course, we have implemented the no food or drink rule...we'll see how long that lasts.



So, if you are single or married without kids, go ahead and laugh. I probably would have back then too. But I have to admit that I totally love it!

7 comments:

dana said...

Yay! Congrats and welcome to full-fledged motherhood (I think I'll be there one of these days). And just think there are no In-Out-Spills or BRC remnants yet! :)
I'm excited for your new roomy wheels!

Jean said...

Nice choice!! It's gorgeous! Now there's plenty of room for all the young'ns. Way to take the plunge!

april b said...

It looks great! My boys want one, too! Especially when we go to visit family. Congrats!

lyndsey said...

hahah...b and i swear we will never give in to the minivan, but i'm sure one day i'll join your ranks. at least it's pretty! i'm sure it will be way helpful in moving all the kids/gear/toys. nice one!

SG said...

Okay ... too funny Doris (particularly considering how often I drove my mother's maroon one in high school). Funny though: my mother HATES that she doesn't have a minivan now. When they were replacing the maroon one they got an Explorer (it's what my dad wanted); but my mother - more than 12 years later - still talks about her minivan and how much she misses it. I suspect if they replace the Explorer, she's going back!

Shannon Brown said...

I said the exact same thing, but guess what I drive? After you get past the non cool factor, they are fabulous. Separate seating for less fighting, too many cupholders to count, and the best of all- power sliding doors! A huge lifesaver when hands are full and kids can get in themselves.

Nicole said...

I am in the club as well, and at the begining I was a little embarrassed of my toyota sienna, now I am the one who can proudly say, we can all fit in my car...........nice...plus seriously with gas prices now its not even an option to have a huge suv......fun stuff now you're a soccer mom too!!